Friday, August 9, 2013

Becoming a Lady by Marie Higgins

I'm back from vacation, and being the queen of procrastination, I have several book reviews.  The first is Becoming a Lady by Marie Higgins.  This is actually a re-publish.  It was originally published under the pen name - Phyllis.  It was quirky fun read.  I could relate to the basic story though.  I think I'm drawn to the historical romances because I love women being "ladies".  But like the lead in this story,  I know I could probably benefit from some etiquette lessons.  Oh, I don't believe I'll embarrass myself or those with me, but I'm no Jackie O. sigh.
 However, I think there was opportunity for the author to provide more depth of character.  The story was entertaining if not predictable.  I'd be interested, though, in reading more on some of the supporting characters.  Sequel anyone?   That actually begs the question, is there a supporting character that you'd love to see get their own story?  I'd find it interesting to know, which character,  in what book,  and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment